The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce our participation in Magnet's Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
STUDENT WORK PLACEMENT PROGRAM
The Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) connects employers with student talent. Funded by the Government of Canada, SWPP provides employers with wage subsidies of up to $7,500 to hire post-secondary students for paid work experiences. Students in turn benefit with quality work experience so they can secure employment in their chosen fields of study.
SWPP is administered through Magnet at Ryerson University, a digital platform with a mission to accelerate inclusive economic growth across Canada by advancing careers, businesses and communities.
OUTCOME CAMPUS CONNECT
- Posting job opportunities with Outcome Campus Connect is free and connects you to students across Canada.
- Direct your posting to specific schools, programs, and regions OR Connect with over 1 million students across 85 university and college with ONE post.
- Suitable for businesses of all sizes through creation of an account on Magnet.
Eligibility requirements for businesses to access SWPP wage subsidies include:
- Registered, Canadian business or not-for-profit.
- Federal, Provincial, Territorial and Municipal Government does not qualify.
- Are committed to paying the student for the role.
- Are willing to provide a quality learning experience to a PSE student.
- Has the financial capacity to pay the student for the duration of the placement in full (the wage subsidy will be administered after receiving the final pay stub at the end of the placement).
For a full list of requirements, please visit swpp.magnet.today.
Posting a job is easy.
Step 1: Create an account on the Chamber Portal.
Step 2: Apply for the SWPP wage subsidy to support the student hire (accessible from link within portal).
Step 3: With one job posting, connect with students directly at over 85 post-secondary institutions across Canada through Outcome Campus Connect.
Step 4: Manage job postings and candidates through the Chamber Portal.