EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Executive Director
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is looking to fill the role of Executive Director. Please see below for Summary, Qualifications and Application Details.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Executive Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Board of Directors
SUMMARY: The Executive Director (ED) has oversight responsibilities for the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce including the overall direction and effective administration of the Chamber, ensuring high-quality, customer-oriented service. The ED reports to the Board of Directors through the President and the Executive Committee, and accomplishes the role through implementation of the Board approved Strategic Plan and within approved budgetary guidelines. The ED demonstrates vision along with an ability to creatively design, plan for new services, and implement approved programs and services; functions as a liaison on behalf of the Chamber with government officials, other Chambers and companies, and the public. The ED utilizes people management skills including an understanding of how people work and learn best to achieve results.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (position description available upon request):
• Gives vision, meaning, direction and focus to the Chamber through participation in Strategic Planning.
• Provides effective leadership and operational oversight.
• Ensures effective financial management through deficit-free operations, financial efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Provides effective human resources management through appropriate oversight, planning and implementation of best practices.
• Understands, facilitates and demonstrates effective working relationships with Board of Directors and Committees, Members of the Chamber, the public and all stakeholders.
• Demonstrates excellent ethical/moral conduct.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field such as economics or marketing
• Must have knowledge of the business environment, northern business issues, relevant legislation
• Minimum three to five years’ experience in a senior management/leadership position
• Must have experience working with a Board of Directors and in financial management including budget development • Must have demonstrated leadership skills and business acumen
• Must have ability to work independently; collaboratively as a member of a management team to achieve outcomes
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, communications and advocacy skills
• Must be competent in delivering exceptional customer service, fostering and sustaining business and civic relationships
• Must be highly organized, accurate and efficient, resourceful, flexible
• Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Must have ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Must have ability to problem solve and exercise sound judgment, confidence and consistent decision making skills, based on a strong sense of values and ethics
• Must be proficient in technology and social media; computer literacy including Microsoft Windows Professional 8.1 (Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Must be bondable – A Background Check is required for this position including references, credentials and credit check)
• Must have valid Driver’s Licence and access to vehicle
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Full-Time position with a three year renewable contract
NOTE: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SALARY: To commensurate with experience
DEADLINE: Please submit a covering letter and resume by email no later than Friday November 20, 2015 at 4:00 pm.