Sault Ste. Marie Ambassador Corps
The SSM Ambassador Corps
- A volunteer group of men and women who are a public relations team for the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce and the City of Sault Ste. Marie,
- "Meeters and greeters" of the city who cheerfully volunteer their time and services to spread goodwill throughout the community.
- The "Blue Coats" existing since 1987 for the purpose of providing northern hospitality to visitors and residents alike.
- Certified as Ontario Superhosts dedicated to ensuring that visitors to the Sault will receive a warm Ontario welcome.
- Recipient of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce President's Award in 1998 & 2009.
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year Award 2007.
- Assist at conference registrations
- Provide information about the city
- Participate in grand openings, anniversaries and business relocations
- Meet, greet and mingle at receptions and conferences
- Assist at awards presentations
- Judge parades and contests
- All available services are free of charge
- Annual judging of the Santa Claus parade and other events
- Annual International Bridge Walk
- Welcoming and giving city guidance to conference participants
- Greeting and mingling at "Take 5" the Chamber's monthly networking event
- Meeting the visiting cruise ships, and welcoming their passengers
- To promote Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, locally and provincially in a non-partisan fashion.
- To promote effectively the programmes and objectives of the Chamber.
- To promote liaison between the Chamber and its associate members.
Would you like help with your event? (Your company or organization does not need to be a Chamber member to make use of the services of the Corps.)
Please contact the Chamber of Commerce at (705) 949-7152.